Miyagi Moments: Perspective

I'm not a very outgoing person, very closed off in the real world. I don't even talk to people outside the internet. Being closed off creates this sort of detachment and inability to understand others. Often close to anger tends to lead to feeling alone.
It's a cruel way of thinking but its unavoidable in this life. 

So since I came upon this realisation, I took off. Left the house after months of being trapped inside by the pandemic and my own fears. Everyone has a fear and the most common fear is that of being dead. Same goes for me. So I sat on a bench in a fairly crowded area of this public forum where families walk around.

Evenings are these magical moments. Forget midnight, the time of day when the sun sinks and turns the sky orange is when shit happens. It's kind of reassuring. I sat there on my lonesome, of course, I was sad but I look over at these kids. Not a worry on their faces. It was baffling, to be honest, millions of deaths and suffering but here these children running and having fun.

Perspective... such an elegant word, so beautiful that it defines life. It's all that matters in life. Every unique trait, every similarity, every liking, every feeling. Love, hate, fear; all but constituents of how we view anything in this world.

Happiness. Everyone needs it, but not everyone gets it. All cuz these prejudices divide not just each other but your mind itself. 

A good perspective and bad perspective are divisions itself. But then you ask "What about having no perspective?", Well... That is much worse. It is a blindfold of darkness enveloping every light that shines into the eye. It takes away more than it gives. It takes away what it is to live.  
Life is a pain, but you already knew that. It needs a definition. Everyone believes that their view of life is true.

Funny thing is that their definitions of life change over time. 

Yes, this is getting convoluted. When I started writing this, I thought I had a vision of what to write, my message. But yet it gets muddled by my perspective-changing.

Well, I'll just say it outright. Perspective is key. Heard that one before haven't you? It opens doors to hate, love, happiness, friends, enemies etc. You need it.

Always view the world. It teaches you amazing things and breaks your hearts.

Watch the world.

Comments

People Like this For Some Reason