Miyagi Moments: There is something bigger

Humans are selfish. It's a basic state of being but I hate it whilst still practising it. Guess that makes me a hypocrite. But, hear me out.

We as people are focused on ourselves and genuinely don't care about others. Give change to a beggar, you think you're a good person but are you really? This sense of being "nice" has corrupted the deepest facets of basic human connection and emotion like love.

Why do you want to be in love?
To not be lonely?
To care for something other than yourself?
Now tell me, doesn't seem a bit selfish?

Me being in that ripe age for existential crises, pondered what truly is my purpose for existing? It's not like anyone needs me and I'm gonna die in the end anyway. Yes, that sounded depressing but nevermind that. The point is that I came to the conclusion that everything I thought about myself ended with someone else.

If we care so much about what we look like to others, how about we help others?

Now, you might be thinking "Why is this hoe talking about this?".
And to answer that I say "BECAUSE IT'S RELEVANT".

When the virus hit, some of us forgot all sanity and turned against each other. But whatever, you can have your own thoughts about it and I'm not gonna impose shit upon you other than the message of this letter.

It's not about how it will come back around in your favour anymore. It's beyond that. It's actually fricking bigger.

What it means to be human is to be better and not to better than others but to be better to others. We are so damned. WHY?! The time to that ask that question is gone, it has been gone for a long time. All we can do is be better.

Helping others who need help and yes, any kind of good you can put out there into the world. Charity, Sharing, a casual compliment can go a long way. 

In the words of Mr Feeny: "Do good"

Comments

People Like this For Some Reason